Monday, January 16, 2017

Day 13 Imitation Versus the Real Thing

We made it. After another long, cold day on the road we are relaxing in our hotel room, waiting for the heater to combat the chill of a single digit temperature day.  They don't heat empty rooms, so I'm snuggled under the blanket.


The car ran well even if it did eat a couple of quarts of oil. I know that about this vehicle and so I an proactive and carry oil with me on long trips.


This small city is home to a university known for its engineering and meteorological schools, along with a team that has made the March Madness play-offs.  This town has all the popular chain restaurants. We've foregone them, instead opting for a local Cajun restaurant.  C has his first Guinness, complete with a widget which is supposed to create a taste experience similar to that of a poured draft. 


Interesting how many things try to be something they are not.

A canned beer us a canned beer.  If you don't want it to taste like a canned beer, don't put it in a can.  I'm not ever going to write like Nora Roberts because I am not Nora Roberts. I can only be me.

I need to be real to be authentic. I am not a chain vendor in an Indiana city, I am not a poor imitation.