Sunday, April 16, 2017

Day 88 Car Butt

So about now some of you are a little under 2,000 miles on my car. We have about 350, maybe a little less to go until we reach our final destination Baltimore or B'More for short.


For some reason today was long, long, long. I didn't remember . Ohio being so flat.  Spring doesn't appear to  have made a significant impact on the landscape just yet.  Everything is still winter brown.


We went through a number of tiny towns, some of which didn't even have city limit signs.

Others had interesting names and you could imagine they were named after some founding father or perhaps a Revolutionary War icon.  I remember years ago, Glen Campbell used to talk about his hometown,Delight, Arkansas I think it was.  He used to say don't blink or you'll miss it.  We went through towns just like that today.  A couple of them even made two blinks.

We passed Columbus, OH.  There was a nice skyline there.  We didn't go downtown, so I don't have a feel for how it is doing economically.  I hope well. The times I've visited I've enjoyed myself.

Tomorrow we are headed to Mill Run, PA, a bit out of our way to B'More.  Mill Run is the home to one of Frank Lloyd Wright's real creative designs, a home named Falling Water. I hope we have a beautiful day and I can share some photos with you.

If you are ever bored, look up Frank in Wikipedia. He was a more ahead, way ahead of his time.  Some of his home designs look like they would fit right in with contemporary styling right now.  His family was for lack of a better description, mass murdered.  A design  he built for the Johnson family (of Johnson Wax) was denied a building permit until he proved the golf tee design could hold the weight he projected (It did and far more).

Wright also designed furniture to match the designs of the homes he built. Wright also tailored ceilings and entries to the height of the home owner.   You all would be in trouble if he built for my height!

Tom Monihan founder of Domino's Pizza, has a museum with some nice vintage Frank Lloyd Wright pieces in it.  If you are ever in the Ann Arbor/Plymouth area of Michigan, be sure to stop by Domino's Farm for a real treat.