Wednesday, April 12, 2017

Day 84 Moving On

Said good-bye today to my work family, and had some happy memories to share with people I've known for a very long time.  It was odd clearing off my desk, saying good-bye and walking out the door for the final time.

I left just after 1:00 pm walking into bright sunlight. I wonder if that is some sort of omen.  Went down to building 4 and I handed my passes and ID to the security guard on duty, a young man I'd never seen before.  I didn't have to sign anything - just turn them in and then, that was that.  Three and a half years just over.

The little boy came to work for about thirty minutes and made the ladies smile. He's such a friendly little guy.

Now I'm on to the next adventure.

Like so many others, I'm wondering what that will look like. There are so many possibilities.  I'm working on a potential business plan; there are classes I can take to hone the service I'm thinking about delivering; and then there is the writing.


I have to say I got really jazzed at the positive feedback I received yesterday. Maybe that's in the cards for me.  I wish I had a real crystal ball to help me determine what path to follow. I'll bet a lot of my co-workers wish for something like that as well.

One of the things such a ball would reveal is my continuing motion forward.  Every time I pass through the garage, I am picking something up, examining it, and so far, every time I've found it to be unnecessary. I'm slowly tossing and making those tiny steps forward. I see some serious garage cleaning if the weather holds.

There will be a lot of nice sunlight to come through the windows in the office, along with fresh air, something we've never had a work.  I can see myself watching instructional videos, reading articles on the craft of writing, and then sitting down to the keyboard and writing a couple thousand words a day minimally.  

I hope all of you, while you are on your search, tap into your creativity and make the most of the time you've been given to do other things.

There will be more cooking, too.  More recipes experimented with. That will lead to a reduction of outgoing expenses, another way I plan on coping  with the loss of income.  Why just tonight I paid $8 for a BLT. What?

So despite walking out of the building today, like Morgan Freeman in Shawshank Redemption, I am not institutionalized. I've got some dreams and goals and systems to work on.

I hope you all do too.